Dialysis device

Chris Boyd cboyd at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
Mon Oct 29 08:38:43 EST 2001

BL <bkclo at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
: In additional to soft dialysis tubings and those membranes mounted on a
: frame, does anyone know of any other types of devices for dialysing a
: small sample? I need to dialyse a small sample which I don't want to put
: into a dialysis tubing or have to use a syringe to put into the membrane
: device (for fear of shearing the sample). A rigid tube with a wide enough
: opening (so that I can pipette in the sample) that has low adherence to
: proteins would be ideal. thanks for any suggestions.

Drop dialysis works well for DNA: it might be possible for proteins too,
though I've never tried it for that:

1. Marusyk, R. and Sergeant, A. (1980) `A simple method for dialysis of
   small volume samples.' Anal. Biochem., 105, 403-404.

Best wishes,
--
Chris Boyd                      | from, but \    Medical Genetics Section
Chris.Boyd at ed.ac.uk             | not for,  /    MMC, Edinburgh Uni.,