mutagenesis kit

Cornelius Krasel krasel at wpxx02.toxi.uni-wuerzburg.de
Thu Sep 6 01:01:51 EST 2001

Michael Witty <mw132 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> Kevin Brady wrote:
>> I used the Transformer kit from Clontech during my PhD, and I have to
>> say, there are easier ways of producing your mutants. I would recommend
>> using PCR mutagenesis, as the search for mutants is a little less
>> pain-staking.
>
> I would have thought that is true, but I have never tried these
> mutagenesis kits - does everyone think this?

Dependent on the type of mutagenesis I want to achieve, I use either
the Kunkel method (for point mutations) or PCR. I have made it a habit
to always introduce a new restriction site or remove an old one which
makes checking for mutants much less tedious.

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: krasel at wpxx02.toxi.uni-wuerzburg.de */