Transformation of a PCR-derived plasmid

Wolfgang Schechinger wolfsc at ibms.sinica.edu.tw
Tue Sep 11 02:58:50 EST 2001

Joaquin,

transformation efficiency will be lower that when using methylated
supercoiled DNA but I suppose you only will need one clone. So every
standard (methylating) strain (XL.., HB101, DH5a etc) should do it.

Wo

> I am thinking about preparing by PCR a recombinant DNA molecule containing the
> cloning vector pBluescript SK and a fragment of my favourit insert. The whole
> molecule, including the vector, will be produced by PCR. Will there be problems
> transforming E. coli with plasmid DNA coming from PCR and, consequently, not
> methylated?. What is the E. coli strain of choice for that transformation?.
>
> Joaquin Royo
> Dpto. Biologia Celular y Genetica
> Univ. Alcala
> 28871 Alcala de Henares (Madrid)
> SPAIN
> FAX: 34-91-8854799
> e-mail: joaquin.royo at uah.es

[tiss mezzage wahs broduceRd using TYPO GENERATOR zoffwer]
-----
Dr. Wolfgang Schechinger
Lab N233 (c/o Dr. Steve Roffler)
Institute of Biomedical Sciences
Academia Sinica
128 Yen-Chio Yuan Rd. Sec.2
Taipei 115
Taiwan R.O.C.
Tel +886-2-2789-9152
Fax +886-2-2782-9142
Mobile +886-925-136893
e mail wolfsc at ibms dot sinica dot edu dot tw
-----

---