Sequencing or Gene Specific Primer

Wolfgang Schechinger wolfsc at
Wed Sep 12 04:46:48 EST 2001

Dear Kunika,

which primers you could use maybe depends on your downstream
application and (when using T3/T7) if the amplified vectorial sequence will
disturb it. If you would like to identify the gene, then better directly
secuence it with some of these primers.

> Hello All,
> I would like to amplify the a gene from a cDNA clone as well the suspected same
> gene from a another vector in which its been subcloned previously. Can anybody
> suggest me either I should use the gene specific primer or can I use the
> universal primers?
> If suggestion goes towards the use of universal primers, how, if I useT3 and T7
> promoters?
> Thank you...!
> Kunika
> <>

[tiss mezzage wahs broduceRd using TYPO GENERATOR zoffwer]
Dr. Wolfgang Schechinger
Lab N233 (c/o Dr. Steve Roffler)
Institute of Biomedical Sciences
Academia Sinica
128 Yen-Chio Yuan Rd. Sec.2
Taipei 115
Taiwan R.O.C.
Tel +886-2-2789-9152
Fax +886-2-2782-9142
Mobile +886-925-136893
e mail wolfsc at ibms dot sinica dot edu dot tw