Sequencing or Gene Specific Primer

Dr. Duncan Clark news at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Wed Sep 12 06:16:01 EST 2001

In article <20010912093525.699.qmail at ww02.jatek.com>, the eminent Kunika
at mail2news at nym.alias.net wrote
>I would like to amplify the a gene from a cDNA clone as well the suspected
>same gene from a another vector in which its been subcloned previously. Can
>anybody suggest me either I should use the gene specific primer or can I use
>the universal primers?
>

>If suggestion goes towards the use of universal primers, how, if I useT3 and
>T7 promoters?

I would use vector primers but what those are will be dependant upon the
vectors used for your constructs.

You should be able to verify the inserts from restriction maps of the
PCR'd product rather than having to sequence. It depends what is easiest
for you to do.

Duncan
--
The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Duncan Clark
GeneSys Ltd.
Tel: +44(0)1252376288
FAX: +44(0)8701640382