native protein PAGE

martina at entu.cas.cz martina at entu.cas.cz
Thu Sep 13 02:51:17 EST 2001

Dear colleagues,
I guess my question is rather elementary, but very puzzling for me -
I've found in various protocols, that for separation of proteins there
can be used two buffer systems - in one, molarity of the gel is
stronger than that of the electrode buffer, in the second the
molarities are the opposite. Does anybody now how it can affect the
result, i.e. speed of elfo, and quality of separation and resolution ?
Any hints appreaciated.

Thank you

Martina
Martina Zurovcova
Institute of Entomology		e-mail: martina at entu.cas.cz
Czech Academy of Sciences	phone:  00420-(0)38 777 5260
Branisovska 31				00420-(0)38 777 5282
CZ-370 05 Ceske Budejovice	fax:   	00420-(0)38 53 00 354
Czech Republic                            http://www.entu.cas.cz/genet/

---