Sure ans Sure2

Wolfgang Schechinger wolfsc at ibms.sinica.edu.tw
Thu Sep 20 05:30:23 EST 2001

Dear Sushma,

why would you like to have this strain? Upon mailing (unless on dry ice)
and/or propagating, they will loose their competency anyway and you would
have to make competents of your own.
Can't you find some XL1 blue, DH5alpha, HB101 or similar bugs in the
freezer or the lab next door? Protocols how to make them competent for
different purposes are in the Red Book, Maniatis or the Internet.

BTW, NEB is giving away (not yet competent) bacteria for many purposes
FOR FREE (i.e. the cost of shipping and handling unless you order
anything else). You might check their catalogue somewhwere in the back
pages.

Enjoy,

Wo

> Does anyone have E.coli strain SURE and SURE2 ? I know stratagene do the
> competent cells but I don't know where I can get the strains from. If
> anyone has them , please can I have some stock?
> thanks,
> ST

[tiss mezzage wahs broduceRd using TYPO GENERATOR zoffwer]
-----
Dr. Wolfgang Schechinger
Lab N233 (c/o Dr. Steve Roffler)
Institute of Biomedical Sciences
Academia Sinica
128 Yen-Chio Yuan Rd. Sec.2
Taipei 115
Taiwan R.O.C.
Tel +886-2-2789-9152
Fax +886-2-2782-9142
Mobile +886-925-136893
e mail wolfsc at ibms dot sinica dot edu dot tw
-----

---