Multiple plasmid FuGENE 6 transfections

DAVID JACKSON devilfish at redsox.safc.co.uk
Fri Sep 21 13:40:49 EST 2001

12 plasmid transfections are not absurd.  I do these on a regular basis to
rescue flu A viruses from cloned cDNAs.  The system is a well-recognised
system for virus rescue (first described for flu in 1999 - Neumann et al.)
and is used all around the world.  My problem is in rescuing flu B viruses
(as yet not possible) and the constructs used in this case were produced in
different ways - hence my question.

In this case immunofluorescence is not required as the production of virus
particles and CPE is the proof of protein expression.  Maybe CaPO4
transfection is the answer.

Dave

---