Re. Sequencing primers

Denni Schnapp d.i.a.schnapp at stir.ac.uk
Mon Sep 24 05:40:42 EST 2001

Thanks for the useful ref Linan.
The guideline for primer design apply to PCR prmers as well, of course, and
I just wonder whether the rules for designing sequencing primers are
stricter as I can get away with quite a lot in PCR (short primers, primers
with long overhangs, that sort of thing) and maybe I need to take greater
care if I want to use the same primers for sequencing. What's your
experience?
By the way, the original question was not posted by James Bron! I was just
using a computer with his default settings.
Cheers,
Denni

D. Schnapp
Institute of Aquaculture
University of Stirling
Stirling FK8 4LA

--
The University of Stirling is a university established in Scotland by
charter at Stirling, FK9 4LA.  Privileged/Confidential Information may

---