elisa question

Wolfgang Schechinger wolfsc at ibms.sinica.edu.tw
Tue Sep 25 21:39:43 EST 2001

Hi all,

I need to test some antibodies (that are secreted into tissue culture
medium) directed against a chemical protein modifier.

I plan to use BSA modified with this modifying reagent as coating material
in microplates. In subsequent precossing, skim milk will be used and the
supernatants to be tested contain bovine serum, i.e. albumins.
Do I need to be afraid of competition of these albumins for the plate
resulting in loss of the material used for coating (since affinity of albumin for
the plastic is not infinite) or is my concern more of theoretical nature?

All input is welcome!

Wolfgang
-----
this message consists of randomly assembled ascii characters
-----
Dr. Wolfgang Schechinger
Institute of Biomedical Sciences
Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan R.O.C.
e mail wolfsc at ibms dot sinica dot edu dot tw
-----

---