joining PCR fragments into a single product

Chris Boyd cboyd at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
Fri Sep 28 06:12:32 EST 2001

Alex <ayboro at my-deja.com> wrote:
: Hi all,
: I'm wondering if anybody can help me with a reference. I remember an
: article (I think at was in Biotechniques) on a simple polymerase based
: method that allows to generate a single fragment from two PCR
: generated overlapping halfs. Combining products of 5' and 5' RACE into
: one contiguous DNA fragment without restriction/ligation has been used
: as an example.
: Do anybody remember the article and can provide me with the reference.

It's also worth looking at

1. Wallace, A. J., Wu, C. L. and Elles, R. G. (1999) `Meta-PCR: a
   novel method for creating chimeric DNA molecules and increasing the
   productivity of mutation scanning techniques.' Genet. Test., 3,
   173-183.

where an improved megaprimer method is described that allows catenation
of 2 or more PCR products.

Best wishes,
--
Chris Boyd                      | from, but \    Medical Genetics Section
Chris.Boyd at ed.ac.uk             | not for,  /    MMC, Edinburgh Uni.,