Acrylamide

Michael L. Sullivan mlsulliv at facstaff.wisc.edu
Tue Apr 9 10:07:34 EST 2002

Are you running molecular weight markers on your gel?  How do they
look?  That should tell you if your gel is OK.

I think probably your lanes are overloaded with sample.  I think it's
very hard to get good resolution with so much protein being loaded.
I think maybe you should be loading about 1/10 as much protein.
Also, in my experience, sometimes low molecular weight proteins run
better on SDS PAGE if the sample volume is kept small-- on the order
of less than 5 ul per lane.  Hope these suggestions help.

Mike

--

Michael L. Sullivan, Ph.D
U.S. Dairy Forage Research Center