Low KDa 96 well format filter plates?

Tue Apr 9 12:03:06 EST 2002

I don't know of such a product, but do you think you can use .45um ones and
put size exclusion resin (e.g. superfine sephadex G-10) into each well and
run your samples through? You could use the same approach to concentrate
your samples by replacing size exclusion resin with ion exchange resin.

BTW, do you remember that size exclusion of the filter is a statistical
parameter related to uniformity of the pore size and morphology of separated
molecules, i.e. higher MW molecules might still pass through 5kDa cutoff
membrane because some of them may be e.g. rod-shaped, or some of the filter
pores may be bigger, etc.?
Emir

news:Pine.SOL.4.44.0204081723510.7188-100000 at tin...