keeping adherent cells ins suspension culture?

Adrian Chung-Kai Shieh acshieh at rice.edu
Fri Apr 12 18:48:21 EST 2002

Wolfgang Schechinger (wolfsc at ibms.sinica.edu.tw) wrote:
: Dear all,

: How can I overcome this problem:

: I have cells expressing an enzyme pinned on the extracellular part of the
: membrane. To assay this enzyme by FACS, I need to trypsinize the cells, but
: this (just 5 min) reduces the enzyme activity significantly. Detaching the
: cells with EDTA kills too many of them.

: What can I do to either

: 1) obtain a single cell suspension or

: 2) to keep the cells for some time in suspension until some newly synthesized
: protein is delivered to the membrane?

: I welcome your input

: Regards,

: Wo
: -----
: Dr. Wolfgang Schechinger
: Institute of Biomedical Sciences
: Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan

: ---

--
"A scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and
making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die

Adrian Shieh
Musculoskeletal Bioengineering Laboratory
Department of Bioengineering
Rice University, Houston, Texas
Tel: (713) 348-6393
Fax: (713) 348-5877