keeping adherent cells ins suspension culture?

Cornelius Krasel krasel at
Mon Apr 15 09:05:56 EST 2002

Frank O. Fackelmayer <Frank at> wrote:
> Wolfgang Schechinger wrote:

[about keeping cells in suspension]

>> 2) to keep the cells for some time in suspension until some newly synthesized
>> protein is delivered to the membrane?
> Try to keep the cells in PBS with 2mM pyruvate

Something that has only partially to do with the original question:
why do you use pyruvate and not, for example, 10 mM glucose?

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: krasel at */