Hek293T

Antonio Sarikas Sarikas at pharmakologie.uni-erlangen.de
Wed Apr 17 05:55:06 EST 2002

Hi Jenia,

professor Aiyar of the Northwestern University, Il,  wrote me that

"... 293T is a derivative of 293 cells that stably express
the large T-antigen of SV40.  Plasmids containing the SV40
origin are replicated to a copy number of between 400 -
1000 plasmids per cell within 293T, and therefore express
at a higher level...293T are also resistant to G418.  This cell-line was made
in Michelle Calos' lab at Stanford about 14 years ago".

That is all the information I have. If you have some additional news, I
would be
very grateful to hear it.

Bye
Antonio