Methods for apoptotic mechanisms' investigation

stéphane califice scalifice at student.ulg.ac.be
Wed Apr 17 08:45:47 EST 2002

We work with a prostate cancer cell line (LNCaP) that doesn't express
our protein of interest. We have obtained clones that express that
protein only in the cytoplasm, and others that express it only in the
nucleus. The cytoplasmic clones show a decreased apoptosis compared
to the parental cell line and control mock-transfected clones. This
has been shown in other cell lines and explained by interaction
between that protein and bcl-2.

At the opposite, the nuclear clones show an increased apoptosis
compared to the parental cell line and control mock-transfected
clones. We are looking for methods to investigate by which mechanisms
the expression of our protein of interest in the nucleus could
promote apoptosis. If you have any idea, please reply at this address
: scalifice at student.ulg.ac.be

Thank you very much.

--
Stéphane Califice