self ligating vector woes

Peter Ianakiev ianakiev at genome.wi.mit.edu
Mon Apr 22 12:37:26 EST 2002

Hi Paul
There always will be background. Unfortunately you can't avoid that.  In my
work it is less than 1% of the total, and it is due to nucleases either in
the Ligase itself or from some other source.
You probably can inquire about some special grade "nuclease free"  ligase if
1% background is too much for you. Shorter ligation reaction is also an
option.
Regards:
Peter