B-galactosidase negative selection - B-thio-o-nitrophenylgalactoside (TONPG)

Haigh, Dr R.D. rxh at leicester.ac.uk
Thu Apr 25 06:52:59 EST 2002

Hi

Sorry I didn't make myself too clear - TONPG is used as a selection for mutations in uptake (lacY) not B-galactosidase activity (lacZ) as such, however in the recombination system I am using the two genes are linked and therefore I will see loss of both and can screen for loss by B gal activity - I hope that makes things clearer.

Thanks for the suggestions but as yet no luck - Sigma customer support are being as non-supportive and silent as usual !

Richard

---