DNA sequences

Petra petrako at gmx.de
Thu Apr 25 13:07:41 EST 2002

Hello everybody,

I got a question about the genome database. When I search for cDNA of a
certain gene, I get multiple sequences out of the database. What is the most
reliable sequence to take, e.g. when I want to search and fold this sequence
for possible ribozyme target sites. In fact, for correct folding I would
need the entire and correct sequence in order to get the right mRNA
sequence. But some mRNA/cDNA sequ. differ about 300-400nucleotides! I assume
this makes a big difference in folding.
However, can somebody explain, what the abbreviations like AF... NM-.. XM..
and so furth mean?

Thanks a lot, Petra.