strange transformation results

William Sun sun at mbasis.com
Fri Apr 26 11:07:47 EST 2002

I have sometimes observed a strange phenomenon while subcloning and would
like to get some input.  When I subclone a piece of DNA into a cloning
vector (I usually subclone using two different restr. enzymes) and transform
into bacteria, I include a negative control of just the cut vector without
insert.  Once in a while, I would get more colonies on my negative control
than experimental plate.  But when I screen colonies from my experimental
plate, most of them are positive!  Can anyone offer an explanation?

William Sun
x3930

---