pyrophoshatasing cell extract for nucleotide depletion?

Kyle Legate legatek at mcmail.cis.mcmaster.ca
Tue Aug 6 08:58:55 EST 2002

On 6 Aug 2002, Johannes Graumann wrote:

> Thanks for the reply! Do you have any idea how I could combine a
> depletion for triphosphates with the providing of g-S-ATP in a cell
> extract?

If you don't care about losing other small molecular weight compounds you
can pass the extract over a G25 column in the appropriate buffer salts.
This will remove all nucleotides. To your desalted extract you can then
provide g-S-ATP.

legatek at mcmaster.ca		Kyle Legate            legatek at hotmail.com

   Tower of Tongues:Thursday PM:10:30-11:30 EDT:http://cfmu.mcmaster.ca
    moon musick:ritual:IDM:experimental(electronica):minimalism:glitch