Extraction of large DNA fragments from agarose gels

Jose I. de las Heras jose at hgu.mrc.ac.uk
Thu Aug 15 11:53:40 EST 2002

Johan Burger wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Can someone please tell me which is the best method(s) to extract 10-15 kb
> DNA fragments from agarose gels. Are there any commercial kits that can do
> this? What kind of yield can one expect?
>
> Thanks
> Johan Burger

I use Roche's Agarase in conjunction with low melting point agarose to
extract fragments of around 100Kb... no problems. Give it a try...

Jose

Dr. Jose I. de las Heras	Email: 	Jose.delasHeras at hgu.mrc.ac.uk
MRC Human Genetics Unit		Tel: 	(0131) 3322471
Chromosome Biology Section		ext: 	2306 (office)
Western General Hospital			2310 (lab)
Edinburgh EH4 2XU		Fax: 	(0131) 3432620
Scotland - United Kingdom

"Musha ring dum a doo dum a da, Whack for my daddy-o"