Digesting cells and extracting the nucleic acids

Haridas E Pudavar pudavar at acsu.buffalo.edu
Mon Aug 19 11:33:42 EST 2002

Hi All,

Can anyone advice me the protocol for extracting the nucleic acids from
endothelial cells? I work in the area of the development of the
fluorescent stains for nucleic acids and need  to check whether the
non-specific binding  of our dyes does not place. According to my
understanding it can be performed by digesting cells, extracting the
nucleic acids (or hydrolysis NA)and checking the dye fluorescence with
remains. If somebody can suggest me some protocol I'll appreciate this.

Thank you in advance.

Tymish
tyo2 at acsu.buffalo.edu