probe labeling

assiri2000 at yahoo.com assiri2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 22 16:21:12 EST 2002

Hi all,
I'm new to the group and would like to say hi !!
I have questions about probe labeling and would appreciate if you could help.

I have 135 bp cDNA probe that I would like to label with non radioactive method but I don not know the best way to do it?. I'm planing to use this probe to screen bacterial colonies (mamalian BAC subclones) and for southern analysis. I used a kit from Ambion called BrightStar kit, but I got lot of background and could not confirm what I thought positive clones with southern blot!!!

Do you recommend specific method or a kit?

Thanks,

Abdullah

http://biowww.net/mynews/tree.php?group_name=bionet_molbio_methds-reagnts&begin=0