plant gene elements/analysis

monsa at monsa at
Wed Aug 28 10:23:26 EST 2002

Hi, I've gotten the cDNA of my gene. Now, I want to get as much information as I can from it, espcially from  the 5'end and promoter regions. I would like to know if anybody knows of a software that would allow me to do that, or if I can just manually look for those features. In the latter case, what are the feautures I have to look for? I would like to know which the main plant gene/promoter elements are.
Also, does an intiation codon have to be preceded by an stop one? I assume that this is not a rule, but just want to double check.