Getting sequences twice the length of PCR product

Dr. Daktari dr.daktari at
Fri Aug 30 09:31:51 EST 2002

Can anybody give me some advice why I am getting sequences that are
about twice the size of the PCR product that I am sequencing on an
ABI377 using the Dyenamic ET kit from Amersham. You can see where the
end of the PCR is located. Just downstream of that some jibberish,
after which the sequence becomes clear again. I even have some very
small products which only give sequence starting from there. The
obtained sequence in the second part appears genuine.

Help much appreciated,

- Mick