Automated miniprep for automated sequencing

Victor L. levenson at northwestern.edu
Mon Dec 9 12:12:01 EST 2002

Hello everyone,

I am thinking about adding DNA template isolation service to what we
already have in our sequencing group, and will need some opinions
about existing miniprep instrumentation. Specifically, I need plasmid
DNA good enough for automated sequencing, with the isolation procedure
which is not prohibitively expensive (my goal is to keep it at ~$5 per
sample).

I will be grateful for all comments - your experience (good AND bad)
with any instruments that are out there, suggestions, etc.

I will post a summary if there is enough interest.

Best,

Victor