RedTaq

Gerd Nilsen gerdn at ibg.uit.no
Wed Dec 11 10:39:26 EST 2002

Hei.
I have recieved free samples of kits using REDTaq, at several
occations. Sounds like a good idea every time, but it never works.

Also other pople in the lab have tried REDTaq and gotten the same
depressing result.
Still, the thing has survived in the market for many years, so there
must be some ways of getting it to work:
So, what's the trick?

My last trial was with the REDExtract-N-Amp Plant PCR Kit. This is a
kit for DNA isolation and PCR.
To troubleshoot, I skiped the plant material and just added clean DNA
and primers to the PCR kit.  plant DNA (6 ng),  10-mer primer, 95 C
denaturing, 35 C annealing (don't ask me why, I just stept into a
ongoing procedure to test the new kit), 72 C elongation, 40 cycles.
Works like a charm with Dynazyme, but not with the REDExtract-N-Amp
Plant PCR Kit.

Any idéa?