aminopeptidase and carboxypeptidase

Kyle Legate legatek at mcmail.cis.mcmaster.ca
Wed Dec 11 18:52:42 EST 2002

On 11 Dec 2002, Jayakumar wrote:

> hence I need to know
> 1) What sort of aminopeptidases can work on such N-terminally blocked
> proteins so as to completely digest them.  Any protocols??

How do you think it's blocked? Some aminopeptidases require divalent
cations for activity (eg. the enzyme from A. proteolytica requires zinc),
make sure your enzyme is active by using a control protein such as BSA.

> 2)  What sort of inhibitors are commercially available for such a purpose
> and a suitable technique to use these inhibitors.

If all you want to do is stop the reaction at a particular time, just dump
your reaction straight into hot SDS-PAGE load buffer.

> 3) What carboxypeptidase enzyme would you recommend.

Carboxypeptidase Y seems to be the standard in my neck of the woods.

> 4) What inhibitors are available for carboxypeptidases.

See above.

legatek at mcmaster.ca		Kyle Legate            legatek at hotmail.com

   Tower of Tongues:Thursday PM:10:30-11:30 EDT:http://cfmu.mcmaster.ca
    moon musick:ritual:IDM:experimental(electronica):minimalism:glitch