RedTaq

Andy_Bettany andrew.bettany at bbsrc.ac.uk
Thu Dec 12 07:50:43 EST 2002

Hi Gerd,

We have been routinely using a RedTaq for screening purposes (i.e. PCR
amplification of a single (known) band) and have had no problems at all with
it. However, it may be because we started the whole procedure with RedTaq
and so got our PCR conditions worked out for (as mentioned in the other two
replies). Also, in our case we are using a complete mix (though a lot less
than suggested) so perhaps you would expect it to work!

Have you tried using a ready-optimised 2x mix? In our experience you can use
6ul (not the 25ul the manufacturers state) and it works nicely.

Don't know if this helps at all?

--
Dr. Andy Bettany
Research Scientist

andrew(dot)bettany(at)bbsrc(dot)ac(dot)uk

news:3df75806.28670734 at news.uit.no...