RedTaq

Andy_Bettany andrew.bettany at bbsrc.ac.uk
Mon Dec 16 04:05:51 EST 2002

Gerd,

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

We use the kit as supplied, but the manufacturer's suggest a 50ul PCR
reaction (i.e. 25ul 2xRedTaq mix + 25ul DNA + primers). Since we don't have
an enormous budget, we tried scaling this down. We routinely use 6ul
2xRedTaq mix and 6ul DNA + primers (250nM - we could probably reduce that
too, but we have _never_ run out of primers!) and it works fine for us. You
might be able to go below that, but we use 5ul cDNA in our reactions, so
there is no scope for us to do so.

HTH

Andy

news:3dfcb53d.53817828 at news.uit.no...