LightCycler quantitation inconsistencies

matty_lann at yahoo.com matty_lann at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 19 19:05:58 EST 2002

That paper won't explain your glitches. The paper
describes software that we haven't used (or had on our
machine) for 2 years or so. . .I think you'd be
hard-pressed to still find a LightCycler with that old
software.
Since you get BioTechniques, check the latest issue
that arrived on my bench (of course, its only Nov but
hey!). It uses external std curves to quantify.

Quantitative real-time RT-PCR using hybridization
probes and imported standard curves for cytokine gene
expression analysis   November 2002 BioTechniques

Flick me an e-mail if you have some specific queries -
there's about 5 or 6 viral assays going on our
institute machine.