ETBr in Loading Buffer

Krzysztof W. Wasowicz wasowicz at uwm.edu.pl
Tue Feb 5 03:55:43 EST 2002

On Mon, 04 Feb 2002 19:40:19 -0800, D Picton <pictond at bcc.orst.edu>
wrote:

>I was wondering if anyone has ever tried or knows why Ethidium Bromide
>is not added to Loading buffer? I've never run across an article where
>Ethidium Bromide is present in the Loading Buffer, it's allways
>present either in the gel or as a post electorphoresis step.
>
>D Picton
I tried using EtBr in loading sample when running PCR reactions. The
staining was poor and EtBr seemed to affect migration of my samples.
However, I use EtBr in the sample when I run RNA preparations in
standard TBE agarose gel. Works like charm.

Krzysztof W. Wasowicz
Department of Animal Anatomy
University of Warmia & Mazury
ul. Oczapowskiego 13 (Bldg. 105J)