yeast cDNA library strategy

Hélène STOREZ storez at cochin.inserm.fr
Wed Feb 6 11:42:00 EST 2002

Hello,

I am currently constructing a yeast cDNA library ( 3 Reading frame vector,
directed cloning SSTI/NotI, fusion protein-cDNA construct). I would like to
know the number of clones you need to obtain after bacterial
transformation (primary clones), before making the transformation of the
library in yeast.
For the ligation of cDNA into the vector, what are the important steps to do
for defining the optimal ratio of cDNA / vector ?
What is the strategy after transfection in Bacteria (plating/cDNA library
preparation) ?
Thank you very much in advance,

Helene Storez
storez at icgm.cochin.inserm.fr