Membrane stripping after HRP-conjugated streptavidin incubation

Patrice DK pb at nordicbioscience.com
Thu Feb 7 09:03:50 EST 2002

Hi all,

I wonder if there is a way to strip a nitrocellulose membrane after it was
incubated with HRP-conjugated streptavidin for detection of biotinylated
proteins. I would like to re-incubate my membrane with a fresh
HRP-streptavidin since I strongly suspect the previous one to be out. As
streptavidin-biotin interaction is very strong, Í think a re-incubation of
the membrane with the new one won't help so much since all biotin sites are
probably already saturated.
Does someone have an idea about that or has tried to get rid of
HRP-streptavidin,
Many thanks for your help,

Patrice