Bioedit, ClustalW and WinXP

Duncan Clark junk at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Mon Feb 11 08:19:59 EST 2002

Historians believe that in newspost <a48ep7$aau$1 at news.net.uni-c.dk> on
the Mon, 11 Feb 2002, aes <ali at image.dk> penned the following literary
masterpiece:
>Since I upgraded my computer to win XP I have not been able to run ClustalW
>from BioEdit, I just get an error message saying that there was an error
>running ClustalW.

Can you run ClustalW as a stand alone program?

Is it XP running on a dual processor or single?

I take it you aren't hitting a Firewall block, not that I would think
ClustalW needs Internet access, but just a thought

I use Win2K Pro, SP2 here and ClustalW runs fine as a stand alone DOS
program.

Until you posted I hadn't even heard of Bioedit. I will now have a
closer look.

Duncan

sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark