Bioedit, ClustalW and WinXP

aes ali at image.dk
Mon Feb 11 10:26:10 EST 2002

Yes XP is built on NT platform, and all programs made for 2000 or NT should
be able to run on in XP as well. I am aware of the online resources, but it
is nice to have it integrated in a program with many other features (as fx.
bioedit)
"Tim Spahlinger" <txs at po.cwru.edu> wrote in message
news:3C67D28E.194A6401 at po.cwru.edu...
> Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Windows XP built
> on the Windows NT platform?  Might that account for your
> inability to run ClustalW on your PC?  In case you're not
> aware of an online resource for running ClustalW elsewhere
> try: http://www.ebi.ac.uk/clustalw/.  Unfortunately, I
> cannot find the operating system requirements for the
> download that is also offered at the following site (if it
> will help you):

http://www.sgi.com/solutions/sciences/chembio/resources/clustalw/parallel_cl
ustalw.html.