Northern using fluorescein-probes

Peter Ashby p.r.ashby at MAPS.dundee.ac.uk
Tue Feb 12 15:15:12 EST 2002

In article <KHda8.7653$tv6.196083 at twister1.libero.it>,
 "Stefi~" <gifalone at tin.it> wrote:

> I'm trying to do a Northern using a single 5'-fluorescein-DNA probe. A
> couldn't find any references about using this kind of labelled-probe in
> Northern, in fact everybody uses radiolabelled (32P) probes.
> Does anyone know about Northern blotting made using fluorescein-DNA probes?
> I'd like some references.

Look on Roche's website or their catalogue. Basically you need the Alk
Phos labelled Anti FITC antibody and their chemiluminiscence kit to do
the detection.

Peter

--
Peter Ashby