Northern using fluorescein-probes

Peter Ashby p.r.ashby at
Tue Feb 12 15:15:12 EST 2002

In article <KHda8.7653$tv6.196083 at>,
 "Stefi~" <gifalone at> wrote:

> I'm trying to do a Northern using a single 5'-fluorescein-DNA probe. A
> couldn't find any references about using this kind of labelled-probe in
> Northern, in fact everybody uses radiolabelled (32P) probes.
> Does anyone know about Northern blotting made using fluorescein-DNA probes?
> I'd like some references.

Look on Roche's website or their catalogue. Basically you need the Alk 
Phos labelled Anti FITC antibody and their chemiluminiscence kit to do 
the detection.


Peter Ashby
Wellcome Trust Biocentre
University of Dundee, Scotland
Reverse the Spam and remove to email me.

More information about the Methods mailing list