primers to amplify 16S rDNA of actynomyces

Duncan Clark junk at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Wed Feb 13 07:14:22 EST 2002

Historians believe that in newspost
<20020212201605.34402.qmail at web20804.mail.yahoo.com> on the Tue, 12 Feb
2002, Lorena Quintero <lquinterob at yahoo.com> penned the following
literary masterpiece:
>I had isolated DNA from this
>type of soils. In this moment I'm using the primers of
>Heuer et al,  but it can bette if I try other primers
>to amplify 16S rDNA of actynomyces.

Classical and straightforward :-)

Go to the small RNA database, pull sequences for all actinomycetes,
align with ClustalW in Bioedit (free - but avoid running in on WinXP)
and pick conserved regions for primers design. Use say Primer3 or
whatever to design or check primers

Alternatively go to Pubmed find previous papers doing same and use their
primers.

I would prefer the first choice.

Google web search is the place to start for finding databases, programs
etc.

Duncan
sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark