Sulfate free media

ghada ghadoya at
Mon Feb 25 10:34:55 EST 2002

Hello everyone!
I am desperatley looking to buy sulfate free media for growing my
human microvascular endothelial cells and have been unsuccessful. The
reason i'm doing it is because i am treating my cells with chlorate
which inhibits sulfation of glycosaminoglycans and this can only
become evident if the cells don't have an "external" source of sulfate
such as in the media.
 I would therefore be grateful if anyone knows of anywhere that sell
sulfate free media or a method of blocking sulfate in media? (i am
currently using MCDB131 from sigma).