Scanner recommendations?

Ian A. York iayork at panix.com
Wed Feb 27 12:00:42 EST 2002

We're looking for an inexpensive scanner.  My problem is that critical
information seems to be hard to find in the ads for various models:
Specifically, how large a transparency will it scan?  (Some otherwise
fine-seeming scanners turn out to only scan up to 5 x 7 transparencies.
We need 8 x 10, at least, so we can scan in autorad films.)

Does anyone have a recent scanner they're either particularly happy, or
particularly unhappy, with?

Ian