fuji imaging

barna istvan barnai at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 2 09:54:07 EST 2002

I just started to use the Fujifilm Imaging System to evaluate the
autoradiographic profile of in situ hybridization with S-35 labelled
probes. The hybridization itself is OK (X-ray film control), but I have
problems getting the image from the exposed BAS MS-2340 plates.

My question is that whether the normal room light could destroy the
chemiluminescent imaging plate itself, or could erase the
autoradiographyic picture or not. Further; are there any time limit of
storing unread plates between exposure and reading? In the present case,
BAS MS plates waited about 24 hs in NOT lightproof paper bags before
reading.

Thanks for the help,

Steven