CGH -- reality or nebulous dream?

Zbigniew Rudzki mprudzki at cyf-kr.edu.pl
Fri Jan 4 11:01:28 EST 2002

Hi,
I am a surgical pathologist cooperating with a rather small molecular lab.
We are doing some routine staff, both for the diagnostics and research
(microsatellite analysis - both by conventional and by capillary
electrophoresis, IgH clonality, LOH studies, in situ hybridization for
EBERs, SSCP for selected genes).
We have no personal experience with comparative genomic hybridization (CGH).

To the people who do have it:

- is it realistic to try & standardize the method ourselves? (I mean the
conventional CGH using DNA from fresh tissue)
- or is a stay in an established CGH lab rather necessary, as the
unpublished cooking details decide about the outcome?
- any recommendation as to the equipment/software?

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Zbigniew Rudzki
Dept. Pathology, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland