Short PCR product

Duncan Clark junk at
Mon Jan 7 06:18:18 EST 2002

In message <9FAZ7.13912$Zm5.1213129 at>, aes
<aes at> writes on the Sat, 5 Jan 2002
>I am going to run PCR with 35 bp long primers, with an amplicon in between
>of 15 bp, so that the total lenght of the PCR product is 85 bp (for
>quantitation by real time pcr and sybr green1). My question is, what is the
>shortest posible amplicon? And is 15 bp to short?

Should work fine. The primers are a little long but that shouldn't
matter for Sybr.

We've run I think 75bp in total and that included a Taqman probe in the

sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark
GeneSys Ltd.
Tel: +44(0)1252376288