NiNTA

Kyle Legate legatek at mcmail.cis.mcmaster.ca
Tue Jan 8 17:20:13 EST 2002

On 7 Jan 2002, Peter wrote:

> I am usig ROCHE RTS500 in vitro protein synthesis system and I am
> having dificulties binding His-taged GFP on NiNTA resin. Do you have
> any explenation fo this ?

There could be many reasons for what you're seeing. Since you're making
the
protein in vitro I would first suspect free histidine concentration and
reducing agents. Histidine can be used to elute your protein from the
column, so it may be interfering with the binding step. Reducing agents
kill the column--stay away from them.

legatek at mcmaster.ca		Kyle Legate            legatek at hotmail.com

   Tower of Tongues:Thursday PM:10:30-11:30 EDT:http://cfmu.mcmaster.ca
    moon musick:ritual:IDM:experimental(electronica):minimalism:glitch