Recycling palstic tip holders

Peter Ashby p.r.ashby at MAPS.dundee.ac.uk
Thu Jan 10 06:02:09 EST 2002

In article <Pine.GSO.4.21.0201101010570.29735-100000 at bromine>,
 Mr JN Goulding <jgouldin at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk> wrote:

> Is this for filter tips; we have this system for none filter tips, but the
> problem is with the large number of filter tips we use.

Rainin do filter tip refills. They come single packed with the tips
inserted in a thin plate like the standard spacesaver tips. You peel off
the paper cover and slot the unit into your box. You throw away a thin
blister pack and the tip plate. The refills come in boxes of 8-10 per
pack. I have P2-10, P20, P200 and P1000 filter refills like this. If you
are working in a hood then opening the blister packs in the hood should
give you good sterility. IRC they are available in sterile and non.

Peter

--
Peter Ashby
Wellcome Trust Biocentre