Recycling palstic tip holders

Peter Ashby p.r.ashby at
Thu Jan 10 06:02:09 EST 2002

In article <Pine.GSO.4.21.0201101010570.29735-100000 at bromine>,
 Mr JN Goulding <jgouldin at> wrote:

> Is this for filter tips; we have this system for none filter tips, but the
> problem is with the large number of filter tips we use.

Rainin do filter tip refills. They come single packed with the tips
inserted in a thin plate like the standard spacesaver tips. You peel off
the paper cover and slot the unit into your box. You throw away a thin
blister pack and the tip plate. The refills come in boxes of 8-10 per
pack. I have P2-10, P20, P200 and P1000 filter refills like this. If you
are working in a hood then opening the blister packs in the hood should
give you good sterility. IRC they are available in sterile and non.

Peter Ashby
Wellcome Trust Biocentre
University of Dundee, Scotland
Reverse the Spam and remove to email me.