most constant gene during development

Stefi~ gifalone at tin.it
Thu Jan 10 17:17:38 EST 2002

"Nick Theodorakis" <nicholas_theodorakis at urmc.rochester.edu> ha scritto nel
messaggio news:smo%7.12264$cD4.26597 at www.newsranger.com...
> If you have probe for it, IMO Northern is probably your best bet. Then you
> can show a picture of the EtB-stained gel or the methylene blue stained
> blot to show you have equal loading and not even have to worry about a
> "control" gene, which you may not be able to find.
>
> Is there a particular reason you are trying to avoid a northern?

Just because with Northern I need 10ug of total RNA (a bit too much!) and
because Northern requires more time and money. Anyway I am looking at the
Northern for my future work because I see too many problems in finding this
house-keeping gene. Thanx so much.
Stefano
gifalone at tin.it
http://web.tiscalinet.it/gifalone