does anyone use Northern here?

Stefi~ gifalone at tin.it
Fri Jan 11 12:40:01 EST 2002

Hi,
I'm on the point of choosing Northern for my RNA analisys (read my last
messages).
Well, I have to demonstrate an accumulation of mRNA and the decay of the
levels of a very similar mRNA (the proteins codificated by these two mRNAs
are two GSTp). I have to design two probes that should discriminate between
the two forms. What is the best lenght for a DNA probe marked with
fluorescein?
How many molecules of fluorescein is it better to insert in my probes to
have a good signal for rare mRNA?
Does anyone know how may I obtain commercially probes with more than one
fluorescein per probe?
Thanx a lot to averybody in advance.
Stefano
gifalone at tin.it