NC od PVDF?

Wolfgang Schechinger wolfsc at ibms.sinica.edu.tw
Sun Jan 13 11:09:51 EST 2002

Hi all,

I got a box labelled "Millipore PVDF mebranes", but someone added "NC paper"
in writing. The membrane itself is not labelled in any way.

Since I am suspicious now (though I was assured that there PVDF inside), I'd
like to know if there is a way to find out quickly what i really got.

In comparison to the NC membranes I am currently using, the material is more
soft (will not break when it is nicked) and both sides look the same - it
reminds me strongly of paper. The material I know as NC (like e.g. from
Schleicher and Schuell) has a smooth and a rough side and is a little brittle.

Any ideas?

Wolfgang
-----
Dr. Wolfgang Schechinger